Sunday, January 18, 2009

My name has been nominated for the vacant Election Commission member from the Islamic Democratic Party (IDP)

Last week, I was told that my name has been nominated for the vacant election member from the Islamic Democratic Party (IDP). As an executive committee member, I have been working for the party since the party was formed in 2004, December. Therefore, I am not very surprised to see my name as potential nominee from the party.


The Election Commission is an independent body consist of five members approved from the parliament among the nominees from all the registered political parties. At present, the election commission members are Mr. Mohamed Ibrahim / President, Mr. Ahmed Shahid / Vice president, Mr. Mohamed Mahir, Mr. Fuad Thaufeeq, and Mr. Ali Faiz, who has resigned from the commission lately.


Whether I am elected or not will be known within next few days, when the parliament resume again this week 19th January 2009, Monday. I hope this could be a good experience to enhance my political career in the future.

No comments: