Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I stand against: Not Personnel But Collective Obligations

In every sense, I made my decision not to support Mr. Musthafa due to many reasons. To be frank, when the beginning of the campaign, he was my second choice next to my brother Mr. Mohamed Hassan Manik. But today, he has become my last choice even to consider. Why?

Integrity and aptitude are one of the most significant factors to be considered while choosing a candidate for the parliament. In my opinion, Mr. Mustha is ranked in lowest among the four candidates who are contesting for thimarafushee constituent.

Mr. Musthafa is a well-known guy throughout the country due to his dirty business tricks and some of the apparent criminal offences. I was surprised to see that, Mr. Musthafa himself given a confession to Haveeru Daily in response to accused defaulted loan facilities from Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) by saying he does not owe any money to anywhere but there were some debts which owed to some of the individuals. But that has also been cleared.

His campaign was designed and planned a realistic strategy than an ideology which could be easily propagated and convinced. One is to elect someone who belongs to thimarafushee and eventually the long awaited unfulfilled promises could be colored with the undisputed influence over the government. But the reality is that, there is no difference between Mr. Musthafaa and Mr. Gassaan as they both are registered in male’ and they are not residents of Thimarafushi.

However, it looks really odd when he is talking about 30 years of Gayyoom regime as he was not visited thimarafushi even a single time except during second round of the presidential election last year. In fact, it was first time I have ever seen him in my life.

I never thought that this guy is such an intolerant and stupid. His stupidity and intolerance are major reasons why he is facing re-election and his violent behavior will cost him this election.

I hope he will not be conquered this re-election by God willing.

No comments: