Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am not against the will of my people and I respect my bonds on them…

I hope life will be much better and prosperous for our people and let's all be unified despite our political differences in connection with the parliamentary elections. What is gone is gone and the beauty of a democracy is either to win or lose. So we lost this time but it’s nothing more than a matter of few days and the rest are ahead.

I was not against the will of our people and my bonds on them. What I did was a challenge which I desperately needed to test, as I was intimidated some of my very close people. As I am in politics, I must try my worth as much as I could. Opinions are different people to people and party to party. I know my obligations and many would think what I did was wrong.

But let's not always forget about once own life and his own reservations, grudges on a person or an issue etc. I had my own reservations and I am telling you guys, I was determined to it much of political than a personnel affair. Now the election is over and let’s not again unfolds our past reservations. Everybody including me must respect and accept the remarkable victory conquered by Mr. Musthaf. That is why I sent my sincere gratitude to both Mr. Musthafa and Mujuthaba.

May be in the future, I may prefer another stand and it may be against you and others. Let’s learn to respect and digest. It’s our collective responsibility. That is why we need to build a better democracy.

I am determined to work with you again like never before on social issues and this is the message i have for my people. I know they are in agony and despair. But at the same time, I suffered in similar manner. But I have forgotten and forgiven to all from my side.

Peace is the only way where we could achieve a harmonious society now and forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an immense win.Its worth to celebrate the success after all sort of intimidation and harresment. first of all drp was not able to digest the peoples verdict. They played a game in thimarafushi and then went to the high court to rule out the peoples’ choice. After that it was all bribary,lies,propagenda..Then when it comes to 48 hours for the election a new types of lies made and were playing the tricks in majilis, in media throught the day live. when it comes to the voting people assured ghassaan and courts that their previous verdict is the final,there is no change in it. The best part was musthafa was able to win big against 2 other thimarafushi candidates whose votes were embraced to ghassaan. Musthafa knew he can swiftly win in thimarafushi and in addition to that he can win more votes to cancel out the guradho votes and in fact it was that he was looking forward.Insha allah he did it. and the people were steadfast to do that. what a big win!

Ismail Hassan Manik said...

Yes, it was a big victory...