Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My dear friend let’s make our lives better despite our political differences

This post is purely in response to one of my classmate who has sent me a face book message about me. In that message, she made very sarcastic comments and remarks about my decision to support Mr. Gassaan in the re-election of Thimarafushee Constituent.

I am not very surprised to see your comments about me and the way you branded me. I've never done anything wrong so far which is beyond my control and never said and never did anything that I may have to feel sorry for ever. What I know is I have always been doing things what my heart and mind says with advices from certain people. Hard decisions are always difficult and political reality is always hard to swallow.

My dear friend, I took a hard decision not to support Mr. Musthafa but instead Mr. Gassaan. There is some reality why I made that hard decision knowing that most of my loving people would be against my decision. However, if it was you or somebody else, I would not mind to stay away or avoid mutual relationships if he or she is not willing to face me. In short, I've never done any crime that I may be punished.

To be honest, I really don't care about what people may say about it but rather I will always try to maintain my relationship with others at my best. I am not an opportunist like many of our friends. Therefore, the current political arena may prevent me from some narrow minded people who are nothing more than bunch of craps. So I will always willingly chase them out of my way. This is bit offensive, but I have to keep going with this approach due to much of political than my personnel reasons.

What I said about Mr. Musthafa is absolutely fine and there will never be a time where he and I may come to a common ground in the current political arena. But I bet still myself and Musthafa can speak each other regardless of our political difference and it happened often even when the time of Election Day and during campaign as well.

My dear friend, I will never be hesitant to face people in whatever circumstances. Yes, I may have to go back and live there and of course I am hopeful of doing it one day. My dear friend, Lets not make assumptions, but rather make wise choices, I made my choice and you made your choice. But I don't think it may prevent me from living Thimarafushi ever. I am not a coward.

My dear friend, I know and I deeply respect the feelings of our people and most of their common interest of bringing some who belongs to Thimarafushi to the parliament. In one way it’s good. But did you know what I have gone through during much heated campaign? Did you know that even Mr. Musthafa he himself warned me? Did you know how many times I was assaulted? Did you know how many times I was challenged physically? It was not during the last round but it all happened during the first round of campaign and I was most truly campaigned for my brother. To be honest, Mr. Musthafa was my second choice.

My dear friend, I tolerated all sorts of harassment from Mr. Musthafa's supporters and unfortunately there some of my very close people. And later I was back to male' and DRP took the case to the high court and unfortunately my then sister-in-law Ms. Usha gave her eyewitness accounts to the high court. It was not a decision by me and in fact it all happened out of my knowledge and by that time I was in Gaaf Dhaal atoll with my family. On 21st May 2009, our home (ummeedh) was targeted with an arson attack.

Now would you say all it was fair? What I did was purely legitimate and nobody can ever rule out it. If it was a mistake, what the hell are we following something called Constitution?

My dear friend, I know this is little bit longer than you expected but let me tell you, I am courageous enough to face the challenges ahead of me and Insha Allah I will conquer it in most victorious manner. My critics may say anything and I've always listen it and I will continue to do it. It helps me a lot to grow as a person.

At last but not least, I think you know well what kind of boy I was when we were studying at school. I was calm and quiet but my dear friend let there be no doubt that my calmness had lost me anything. Instead today I feel very confident and comfortable with my past days despite all the harassment from our age boys. I've never struggled in my life to find life anywhere in my life. I came through it and I think today I am much capable of facing this relatively small challenge.

My dear friend, though we don't see each other often, I respect all my classmates, colleagues, friends and relatives in my heart. Let’s learn how to live with political differences and challenges. We will always be friends and known people whatever we think in our way ahead.

At last but not least, my dear friend, your sarcastic comments about me will never make me feel worry and down rather I will see it as an opinion about me from someone else. That’s it.

My dear friend, before talking someone who is politics, please be aware that he or she will do things according to political trends and the way he or she feels right. That cannot be taken into account by someone else.

Please read our Constitution well and try to understand at least for the sake of your own safety and to learn the basic constitutional rights.

Please don't be among the bunch of craps. I respect you well and I am sure you can understand much better than the rest.

No comments: