Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An important meeting .....

I was called for a meeting with Mr. Mohamed Musthafa, one of the MP's and elected from our constituent. When I get into his office along with some of the close friends from island, I was not sure what was schedule and what was decided to talk in the meeting. Anyway it was interesting and a fruitfull meeting although we had to wait more than an hour out in the lobby waiting for him to call up our turn.

When sat in the meeting room, immediately he started talking about the island and various development activities and what was the motive of the motive of that meeting. I took my turn and waste no time questioning him about various issues like the promised mega pack development project which was signed back in May 2009. He has shown me the agreement signed between the so called investor and in every sense it look like a fake agreement. Initially, it was declared that the so called investor is an Italian based consortium or whatever, but in the agreement it was clearly mentioned that it was a UK registered one.

In my next turn, I asked him something related to legitimacy of his candidacy due to ongoing cases in the lower courts and supreme court. He grossly ruled out all the cases by saying all the cases are all about a company and not himself and hence he is not liable for it.

My next question was about his popularity and I told him that his popularity is going down due to his own cause, as he made as customary practice to talk about Gayyoom in the parliament even if the issue is not at all related to Gayyoom and his old powerhouses. At the end, he agreed to minimize it.

2 comments:

Shinau Shinaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shinau Shinaz said...

It sounds more like a press conference. I don´t think you must be having any concerns regarding his popularity. In short, it is none of your business.

However, about the airport and the agreement issue, we need certain clarifications from him and from the government too. I must appreciate your attempt on this.